Bioresin jewellery (2-day) workshop
how to make your very own bioresin (eco-friendly resin) cat jewellery from
scratch! In this workshop, you will learn the basics of wax carving, mould
making, and resin casting.
Create your own cat shapes and turn them into statement brooches, or if you are more adventurous, you are more than welcome to design your own ring, pendent, or abstract masterpiece.
All tools and materials are provided and no prior knowledge is necessary. At the end of the workshop, you will get to bring home a piece of jewellery that is truly your own creation, and better still, eco-friendly!
(Please take note that this is a 2-day workshop - scroll down to see both dates)
Day 1 - 9 August 2014 (4.5 hours):
- Introduction to resin jewellery making (how it works, what are the steps involved)
- Design your desired product (sketch out your design for a brooch, ring, pendent, anything!! Not limited to cats)
- Wax carving (carving out your design on a block of wax)
- Mould making (making a mould out of your wax piece)
Casting session (40 mins to 1 hour – optional):
**Due to the time taken for the mould and resin to cure, the resin casting will be done during a separate session so that the pieces will be ready for the next workshop day. The resin casting session will take place at least 3 days before Day 2 of the workshop commences. Due to the short duration of this session, and the toxic nature of resin casting, this session is optional for students. Please note that we will provide safety equipment for the casting session to keep out the toxic vapours, and ALL students must follow the safety procedures. We strongly encourage students to attend this session so they get hands-on with resin casting.
This session will be held at the convenience of the students interested (preferably weekday evenings).
Day 2 - 23 August 2014 (2.5 hours):
- Overview of different types of resin and what is best to use, safety working rules with resin
- Video demo of resin casting (for students who did not attend the optional resin casting session)
- Sanding the resin piece
- Polishing the resin piece
- Finishing up the resin piece (with a brooch, or chain, etc)
Workshops will be conducted on a monthly basis. We need at least 3 students to start a class.
Upcoming workshop (2-day workshop) ----
9 August 2014
23 August 2014
An optional casting session, a weekday evening between 18 August and and 21 August 2014
Each workshop consists of 2 sessions + 1 optional casting session.
- Session 1 on 9 August 2014. 1.30pm – 6pm (4.5 hours)
- Optional casting session. At the convenient of students, preferably weekday evenings (40 mins to 1 hour)
- Session 2 on 23 August 2014.1.30pm – 4pm (2.5 hours)
Please take note that 10% of workshop proceeds will be donated to our adopted cat charity, The Love Kuching Project.
For more information, please email us at AlfieAtelier@gmail.com